There are now 5 days left within the 100th Scout Anniversary Year. For me, there are many great things that our Unit has done and that I have completed.
• Earned our 2nd Summertime Pack Event Award (since I took over)
• Earned 2009 Quality Unit Award.
• Submitted 2010 Quality Unit Award.
• All boys who started the Fall of 2009 advanced to next rank in 2010
• Campout at ’s Mtn for entire Unit & great Crossover too!
• Sledding on Mt Hood @ CPCBSA Snow Lodge
• Many boys earned Leave No Trace
• Several Cub scout Outdoor Activity Award
• Two Cub Scouts earned World Conservation Award
• Gained seven Leaders & Committee Members.
• Nominated now Webelos Den Leader for Unit Scouter of the Year
• Held 1st ever Rain gutter Regatta for final Pack Meeting.
• Two Parent meetings during Pack meetings.
• Unit earned Council’s Centennial Shoulder Patch.
• Many Scouts/Scouters earned the 100th Year of Celebration Patch & Ribbons.
• Completed my Wood Badge ticket and was beaded.
• Summer Camp for unit!
• Webelos I went to Webelos Woods.
• Webelos I Den Leader and I got BALOO, ITOL & OWLS trained!
• We re-chartered!
• Gained 8 tigers for 2010-2011 year!
• Tigers on track to get Arrow of Light in 2 months at the rate they are going! STRONG
• Got Den Chiefs for 2010-2011
• Got new Unit Commissioner…I still love our former UC!
• Three Scouters went to Pow-wow.
• Taught at Pow-wow!
• Asked/accepted to staff Wood Badge 2011!
• Treasurer re-designed and moved website to new home!
Thishas seen many firsts for our Pack, since my son and I joined in 2008. Being new to Scouting, it has been a blast. Our Pack is strong, pretty stable and thus far sustainable with both those who volunteer and with membership. It has been a great year.
For me personally, I realized that I need to continue to work on how to put on good Pack Meetings. I have started creating an agenda and sharing it with Den Leaders & Committee based off the 2010 Pack & Den Guide Training from BSA National. I have also stepped out of my comfort zone and started singing and playing the Philmont Training Center in July for “Strictly for Cubmasters”. Will be taking what I have learned this past year and focusing in on 2011-2012.. 2011 seems to working itself up into a good year. Already have the Bear Den Leaders registering for Summercamp. I am working to go to
My goal for the Summertime Pack Award events is to have them in place by April. My hope is to have input from the whole pack as what we want to do. Then hopefully get a parents to help staff/put on the events on! We are already planning a Bike Rodeo for June. So much done, so much to do…so much fun!