This is a blog about my journey as a Scouter within our Pack. I started off as a Tiger Den Leader only after realizing that I could do it. I then became the Cub Master for the 2009-2010 year after the current Cub Master was moving on. I went to Wood Badge WE1-492-09 between the Tiger Den Leader and Cubmaster year. What a great thing to go to. Because of this training, this blog basically came into being. This blog is to help me record what I am doing and thinking as a Cub Master. My goal is to create as much for the boys as possible, to keep them interested in Cubscouts and to help them attain all the awards, badges and ranks that they can.
I have also been a Troop Guide on W1-492-11 and guided the Bobwhite Patrol. I have recently taken on the District Training Chair and also am helping with Council’s revamp of Pow-wow and turning it into Program & Training Conference.
As of April 6th 2012, I stepped down as Cubmaster. I stepped down because my son, Elliot earned his Arrow of Light and is now a part of Troop 432. I am still the Training Chair of Pioneer District. I also suspect that I will be on the Troop Committee.
While I am a registered Scouter and follow the Boys Scouts of America’s Guidelines and Bylaws, this Blog is in no way supported or endorsed by the Boy Scouts of America. This blog is only here to help tell and to act as a journal of my Scouting activities.
This website is independently operated and is in no way sponsored by, endorsed by, or affiliated with the Boy Scouts of America. The opinions expressed here are those of the author alone and in no way represent the views of the Boy Scouts of America. BOY SCOUTS OF AMERICA®, the BSA Universal Emblem, the Venturing diamond logo, and all other related marks are trademarks owned exclusively by the Boy Scouts of America. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 United States License.
As of September 27th 2012, this site is using artwork as a background image that is supplied from the Boy Scouts of America. I have accepted the terms and agreement by them to allow me to use it. For more information, please go to the BSA Licensing section that explains it. The Boy Scouts of America owns this picture.
The rest of this disclaimer I stole from Arlen Ward. He is smarter than me.
- The information on this website represents my interests and opinions, not those of my employer or anyone associated with me.
- Additionally, this site incorporates comments from others, and these expressed opinions are not necessarily mine.
- I am not a spokesperson for Boy Scouts of America, or any scouting organization. I am not endorsed by the BSA in any way.
- Links to sources outside of this website are not under my control, and as a result I am not responsible for the information contained there either. I do not control the internet. Shocking, I know.
- Given the temporal nature of the weblog part of the site, my thoughts and opinions may change from time to time. It has been suggested that this is a result of having an open mind. The weblog is intended to give a semi-permanent point in time snapshot and manifestation of the random thoughts running around my brain, and as such any thoughts and opinions expressed within out-of-date posts may not be the same, nor even similar, to those I may hold today.
- These are my opinions only. While most some statements have been carefully researched, that doesn’t mean you will receive a fair and balanced picture of any issue.
- I’m not engaged in rendering medical, legal, business, or other professional services, at least not here on this website. I make no representation or warranty, express or implied, with respect to the accuracy or utility or relevance of any information contained in this website.
- If you need a life or other expert help, the services of a competent doctor, lawyer, accountant, priest, rabbi, imam, shaman, or whatever should be sought.
- If you are a lawyer, and even if you are not, no information portrayed on this website can be used in a court of law. See the previous lack of warranty and the lack of “whole truth, nothing but the truth so help me God” stuff.
- If you have no humor you are not supposed to read this site. If you read it anyway you do so at your own peril, but please do not use the comment function because then we’ll all know you have no sense of humor.
- Please do use the reply function when this blog makes you extremely mad or happy. Those are the uninhibited comments we love and you’ll regret the next day.
- The content on this site is the opinion of the author alone, not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual, or anyone or thing, especially those with the ability and desire to fight back.
- This web site may contain copyrighted (©) material. The fair use of a copyrighted work, for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, or research, is not an infringement of copyright. This constitutes a ‘fair use’ of any such copyrighted material as provided for in Title 17 U.S.C., § 107 of the US Copyright Law. This material is distributed for nonprofit educational purposes. If you are the copyright owner and you disagree with my use of your copyrighted material, please let me know and I will replace such material with a note saying that you are a not a nice person.
- This disclaimer may be updated anytime and is presumed to be part of any past or future postings. If you didn’t find it it’s your own fault.